|As you can see, I have been very quiet on the blogging front, for the last couple of months, so I thought I would let you know what I have been upto...|
After deciding earlier this year to turn my hobby of making jewellery into a business, I have spent the last 3 months setting up a sterling silver wire and semi-precious gemstone handmade jewellery business.
I know a lot of people have asked how do you get from IT training and consultancy to jewellery making, as it seems such a random move.
That said jewellery and semi-precious gemstones have always been a big part of my life, so I guess it was a natural and organic progress to make it a business.
So since June 2013 I have been:
- Deciding on a company name
- Working with the printers to design the company logo and business cards
- Working with a web designer to design an e-commerce website
- Writing the copy for the web site
- Designing and making jewellery pieces
- Creating a bespoke access database system for the business
- Designing a suite of reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Networking, both in the business community and the arts & crafts community, and
- Doing some arts & crafts fair to get the name and brand out there
I have to say a few times I have been pushed out of my comfort zone, but it has been fun anyways.
So to see what's been keeping me busy over the last couple of months, check out my new business Joolzery