During a recent SQL Reporting Services 2008 training session, one of the delegates asked how one would create a custom palette, for a chart
In previous versions of SQL Server Reporting Services, if one wanted to change the colour palette of a chart, one would have to manually write come code to program the colours, and then assign the code to the report.
In SQL Server Reporting Services 2008, Microsoft has added a feature that allows designers to quickly create their own custom colour palettes to report objects easily.
To create a custom palette for a chart:
- Create the chart
- Select the Chart object
- In the Chart Properties, under the Chart Category, change the Palette option to Custom
- Find the CustomPaletteColors option
- Next to the (Collection) label, press the ellipses (...) button
This activates the ReportColorExpression Collection Editor:
- Press the Add button
- Press the Color dropdown button to select the required colour:
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to complete the color palette:
- When the colour palette has been completed press the OK button
If you have any questions, leave us a comment below, or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to Contact Us